My World and Welcome to It

James Thurber coined the words that create the title for this post, the first of many which will explicate the diversity that is my current life. My two main roles are as art writer and curator, but I also teach, lecture nationally, lead art tours, publish a week list of art events, and I have plans to produce a television show, write novels and plays, and just read deeply in literature and life. 

Today was a day like any other. I woke around 9 o'clock in the morning after about 6 1/2 hours of sleep,  made my espresso, and after a hot shower settled in front of the computer to write, answer and send emails, and do my networking on facebook. I know a lot of you play games about farms or zombies, trade favorite grade school photos, videos, etc. But I use it for work. Lots of it. I dream for the day when I'm trying to chat with people on Facebook and they tell me they can't, they're too busy networking! 

This weekend my two main chores are to write catalogue essays for artists Timothy Blum and Claudia Sperry. I also have press releases to write for two upcoming group exhibitions, Some (Are) Painting 3 at Thomas Jackel Gallery and Abstract Intentions at The School of Visual Arts. Also on my mind is getting people up to see my current group exhibition, Painting with Pictures, and plan my fall exhibitions, Lost Horizon 2 and Painting with Pictures 2, in October and April respectively., both at Art Jail Gallery. I am also trying to finish a review of the Tatiana Trouve exhibition at Gagosian and a book review of a memoir in interviews on Richard Bellamy, director of The Green Gallery, a venue that first exhibited Pop artists.  All that and trying to stay sane. Gotta love it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Around

Just Another Day